Conference: Earth USA 2022
Earth USA 2022 is the Eleventh International Conference on Architecture and Construction with Earthen Materials initiated by Adobe in Action.
The formal conference is tentatively being planned to take place from Friday, September 23 to Sunday, September 25, 2022 at the Scottish Rite Center’s Alhambra Theater in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Alternate locations in New Mexico as well as a live/online hybrid event are also being considered depending on how the pandemic develops over the next 6 months.
Earth USA 2022 indicates a wider field of interest than previous conferences and includes adobe, rammed earth, compressed earth block (CEB) and monolithic adobe (cob). Any material or method that uses clay as a binder is considered. Activities included:
- Three days of podium presentations and poster sessions on topics related to the current state of architecture and construction with earthen materials.
- Friday evening Speaker Meet & Greet for all conference attendees sponsored by The Earthbuilders’ Guild.
- Tours to local earthbuilding sites of interest in and around Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Online registration for Earth USA 2022 officially opened on June 6th. Full details about registration and fees can be found at: https://www.earthusa.org/registration
Overview of Important Deadlines for Earth USA 2022:
Call for papers: Monday, March 1, 2021 Online abstract submission form opens: Monday, September 20, 2021 Call for abstracts ends and online abstract submission form closes: Friday, February 11, 2022 Notification of speaker acceptance: by Friday, April 8, 2022
- Online conference registration opens: Monday, June 6, 2022
- Full papers due: by Friday, June 10, 2022
- Conference: Friday, September 23, 2022 through Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Conference Tour: Monday, September 26, 2022
Questions regarding Earth USA 2022 can be directed to the Earth USA 2022 organizing team.